Poetry from Thailand

Original poetry written in and about rural Thailand.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chong Khae, Nakhonsawan, Thailand

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Delight In Small Spaces

 Ayutthaya, Thailand

The half-acre lawns and houses
of my middle age have gone in
a downward spiral toward smaller
and smaller chambers until
I now live in an atelier, if a hotel
room on the fourth floor of a
nine story building can be called one.
Still, the Internet brings me the
world and my Thai girl of a wife,
who has never known the expansive
western need for space, modestly
changes her clothes in front of me
under a red towel. At night she cooks
over a single gas burner as if it
were a camp fire out on the balcony.
I watch while beyond her a joyous
constellation of city lights rise up
in awe to the evening sky.

All rights reserved by the author Forrest Greenwood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home