Poetry from Thailand

Original poetry written in and about rural Thailand.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chong Khae, Nakhonsawan, Thailand

Friday, July 22, 2011

Circles Within Circles

At the supper hour, a low,
slate-gray sky keeps the fire-breathing
dragons and half-bird/half-man
Thai creatures crouching under
the many roofs of Ayutthaya.


In the distance, beyond the stupa,
I watch cars corkscrew up and
corkscrew down in a round parking
garage. From here the whole thing
looks like a child’s toy, but I know
it’s a marvel of engineering, no angles,
just grades and circles within circles.


I think: How would you begin to build
such a thing, but even as I do my eyes
restlessly search the dull horizon.




FG 22 July 2011

All rights reserved by the author Forrest Greenwood.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home