Poetry from Thailand

Original poetry written in and about rural Thailand.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chong Khae, Nakhonsawan, Thailand

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Write Poems To Get Better

I write poems to get better
although from what, or at what,
or for whatever reason I haven’t
got a clue, but better is how I feel
when days or years later the lines
run their course again and like
a therapy I am my old self once more.




Myth Of The Sand Kickers


If Atlas were more a poet,
he would have found a solid
place to stand to lift the world.


While the theme from Rocky
plays, we watch a man
pull a 747 with his teeth, but
the screen switches to
Steve Jobs saying, “and one
more thing.” We all feel
a little tug and out the window
the clouds begin to fall away
like a nightgown leaving
the brilliant stars floating
in the blackest sky.


If Atlas were more a poet,
he would have found a solid
place to stand to lift the world.


FG February 2, 2011

All rights reserved by the author Forrest Greenwood.

Every poem, no matter how good or bad, adds to the core meaning of the word poetry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home