Poetry from Thailand

Original poetry written in and about rural Thailand.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chong Khae, Nakhonsawan, Thailand

Monday, August 22, 2011

My Thai Wife’s Ears

Her ears are flowery flutes peeping out
from a vine behind her slender neck.
Earrings may hide the belly button gnarl
pasted to the side of another woman’s head
but my wife’s in-your-face ears are made
for dream catchers which I see dangling
there even when she’s wearing none.
And at night when we nuzzle like bunnies
in the tall grass, I feel safe for she is ever
vigilant and if danger is approaching
in the dark, she will surely hear before
I ever see.

FG 22 August 2011

All rights reserved by the author Forrest Greenwood.

We have a rabbit named Cindy.  Rabbits have long ears because they often sleep in tall grass and can swivel their ears to listen for trouble.  At least, that’s what I’ve heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home