Poetry from Thailand

Original poetry written in and about rural Thailand.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chong Khae, Nakhonsawan, Thailand

Monday, June 10, 2013

This Is Just To Say





I can’t remember when I last had a magazine
in my hands.  The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Harpers,
The Saturday Review and others - almost all ordered
from Publishers’ Clearinghouse - were my constant
companions until I went to Saudi and bought
a New Yorker for 15 dollars!  It had thirty pages
missing, ripped out by a no name censor doing piece
work, I guess.  It  was like the day the music died,
and I don’t think I’ve had a magazine worth censoring
in my hands since then.  This is just to say thank you.

FG 06/10/2013

My friend Paul Lundy sent me a Sports Illustrated (as well as a lot of other stuff).
The title comes from a William Carlos Williams’ poem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home