Poetry from Thailand

Original poetry written in and about rural Thailand.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chong Khae, Nakhonsawan, Thailand

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Across The Trestle





The candle flame cools in its wax,
across the trestle end the tracks.
When the spirit of the body dies
the soul remains, still as it lies.
What good without the life it lacks?

And now
the iron horse, stopped in his tracks,
blows off steam and like a small child
stamps his feet but - can go no further.*

And now
the passengers drop their reading
material and summon the conductor
who passes them toward the back,
toward where they came from.*

The candle flame cools in its wax,
across the trestle end the tracks.

FG  2/3/2015*/ 1962

This is the first poem I can remember writing.  I think it was for a class with Mrs. Brown.  I have made small changes to it.* I think Dick Backus also had one printed:  The old dog barks backward/Without getting up. / I can remember when he was a pup.  I like this one, too.
I also had a satirical piece published in the Goffstown New in (1962)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home