Poetry from Thailand

Original poetry written in and about rural Thailand.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chong Khae, Nakhonsawan, Thailand

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Seventy, Sex and Solitaire



I’m obsessed with this game, always have been.
I’m obsessed as an old man with the rumpy-humpy
dance of these red and black kings and queens
which I slap flat on their backs.  I am playing on
a computer now, but I can still hear that fly-swatter,
slappy sound.  I place the head of a knave on his
mother-in-law’s breast. She swoons but doesn’t
seem to mind.  These fancy royals drip gravy-ladles
of lust and love, but then every soul in this house
of cards does  Even the lowly scullery maids with her
wall-flower act doesn’t fool me.  She’s getting ready
to lift her skirts and pounce.

And when I have the fifty-odd crowd virtually all
undressed, I face three or four gentlemen who
rightly expect I will do the right thing and button
their manhood up.  But when I can’t they seem
to understand and shuffle off, buck naked,
to a Turkish bath.  I’d like to do the right thing,
but sometimes it’s just not in the cards.

I’m obsessed with this game, always have been.


FG        7/1/2015

As my Internet has been cut off, I've been playing a lot of solitaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home